Jul 21, 2012

Pretty in Red

Good Morning my lovely people!

Hope you are having a pleasant  start to your weekend :)

It is getting hot and humid in Hong Kong and i am missing the cool and pleasing climate of my hometown Bangalore. For this summer i had crocheted a jacket for my little miss.


A look at it here.



Ok ok !! i still have to stitch the buttons on :) But arnt the buttons sooo cute. No wonder we have the expression - As cute as a button!

The shrug/bolero/jacket is my own creation. I have used the lace pattern from mypicot.com. The link for the pdf is here. This is totally customizable. The yoke is the standard double crochet increases one. The cap sleeves have a picot edging.


 The back of the shrug.


and here is my model wearing it, although she wasnt very keen on it!

Maybe it is one or two sizes too big. But hey, she will grow into it :)


Leaving you with some yummy cotton yarn i picked up from a store near my house. I dont know what make or company it is. Neither do i know what i am going to do with it. But it was too too pretty to pass. Any ideas on what i can do with it? 





Waiting for your comments and wishing all my hooky friends a wonderful day!

Love
xxx

PS: I do have my Nikon D1500 back with me now, in case you have noticed the improved quality of the images in the post :)

2 comments:

  1. RED IS GOOD IN COLOUR. EXCELLENT WORK.
    BEST WISHES. THANKS FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajeshwari,
    Such a cute jacket. You have designed this yourself?! ...fantastic.
    I like your suggestion about making cushion covers and I will definitely try that. I have never tried wearables as a few items I tried were disastrous and had to be unraveled. Maybe I will try just once more.
    Thanks for visiting me.
    Love

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)