Apr 22, 2013

Crochet Pencil Cases

Hello my dear lovely crafty people!

Hope you guys had a great weekend...else i hope you will be having a great Monday :)
Thank you guys for such sweet words on my Blue Ripple post. Really made the effort extra special....Again, i am so grateful to this blogging space as it really lets me be creative and showcase it at the same time. Sure way to beat the stress and much cheaper than many other options !!

You remember THIS post where i chatted about my new love for Rico Creative Cotton? I could not wait to get my hands on it and started this crochet project...Oh the joy of instant gratification..projects hooked in a couple of hours...B-L-I-S-S-SSSSS!!!


 Little Miss had been asking for Rainbow cupcakes since ages..but i am not for food coloring and tried to coax her with this Rainbow Pencil Case..Seemed to work ..Tho i am sure just for now...She is not going to forget the Rainbow cupcakes any time soon :)


The stitch i have used is the extremely simple, but delightful "Woven Stitch/Moss Stitch" - with just SC and chains you can whip up this wonder...


Added her name for bonus points and as usual i HAVE to line my crochet purses/cases.


The second case id made for my delightful niece who is very talented and crafty girl  herself. I also assembled the Pretty Doll accessory by using bits and bobs from my craft stash and gluing it on the wooden heart with heat gun.


Ok! This is the FIRST time i worked with zippers and was terrified of how the result would be. In-fact i spent lots of time searching for the perfect method to hand sew a zipper. I hit jackpot at THIS video.
Basically it works best when you crochet the front and back separately and then attach the zipper on the wrong sides...If you don't have a machine to sew and have never tried hand sewing a zipper...PLEASE i recommend this video. This the edges came out pretty new and i am very proud of myself :) he he he


The third case is for my space ship adventurer Nephew! Hope he likes the Buzz-light Year themed case and i still need to find some aliens to fit on the case..


Can you see the zipper beginning here? Any loose ends..Thanks to the video :)


Leaving you with a close up of the Woven stitch. Can't get enough of it. The colors just blend into each other and i am one HAPPY colorful person today :)


How was your weekend ? Did anything crafty? Do write it, love to read all your adventures and looking forward to your crafty ventures too :)


Edited to add : You can now find a link to a tute to make these cuties HERE. Go ahead and get yourself some color play and do let me know if you guys need any more info as i am sure i have goofed up the tute..he he!!
Love,
xxx

24 comments:

  1. beautiful pouches , The zipper tags are very cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The fabric you lined the cases with is really lovely too. Rico Cotton is going on my list of 'yarns I need to try' :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pencil cases!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pencil cases!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colourful pouches ! :) congrats on your good finish with the zips !! Thanks for sharing those tutorials! A pencil case is also on my to do list but, for me, even small projects seems to be taking ages to get promoted to the 'Done' list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls would love those. They are great. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pencil cases are beautiful! I could do the crochet part, but sewing is beyond me. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they are beautiful! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pencil cases - the children will love using them to stash all kinds of precious stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooooove it! Colorful and amazing!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely work! And thanks for the tutorial, I bookmarked it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pouches. Thanks for the link to the zipper tutorial. I am making a scarf using the moss stitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects, Rajeshwari! I lOVED the stitch and how you sewed zips - just did so right! i"m sure kids will love their new pencil cases - how could they not!
    I am still making my big blanket and accomplished a side project too - will show in Wednesday crochet post :)
    Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful things,now Im inspired to make something like these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pencil cases are looking great! I´m so impressed! Thank you so much for the link! I have to try that too!
    Have a wonderful weekend! xxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty and colorful! Very neat job with the zipper! I liked those charms too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who doesn't love a rainbow? Visiting from Annemarie's Haakblog.

    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. COULD YOU SNED ME THE DIRECTIONS FOR THE CROCHETED PENCIL CASES THANKS NICDE CASES AND WHERE DID YOU GET FOR THEIR NAMES

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable pencil cases. I will definitely be making one for myself. Found you through Hookin on Hump Day! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pencil case!I want to try it too!Lovely colours !
    Sorry for my bad english.
    See you soon
    Maddalena

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this!!! I'd love to try it! Can you post some basic instructions? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this! They are so beautiful! Congrats! Can you post some basic instructions? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi very colorful pencil cases u made....myself i tried once ...thank u

    by
    anuprem
    http://anu-rainydrops.blogspot.in/2013/10/crocheted-pencil-pouch.html

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)