Apr 8, 2013

African Flower Cushion

Hello my dear lovelies!

How is your Monday? Hope the weekend was lovely and good times had ensured :)

Today, i am presenting you ladies with my lovely African Flower cushion..

Ta-daah!!!

  
You can find the free pattern for these hexagon lovelies HERE.
 Ok, now...confession time. Although the hexagons themselves are real easy peasy, the joining is a real pesky business. One which i did NOT, repeat, DID not enjoy in the least bit. The Join-as-you-go method is done for each hexagon point. But you still need to individually sew/stitch/seam the 6 sides and it is a boring task. I switched to doing a mattress stitch after 1 side of SCs. Normally i prefer joining 2 sides with SC as i feel its sturdy..But boy, i immediately saw the amount of edges and switched to my yarn needle :)

I crocheted the back with some alternating rows of DC's.
Finished it off with these lovely blue flower wooden buttons..


So here are my 2 cushion covers, with 4 different patterns for the front and back and four possible ways to play around with them!






BTW, these cushions are a gift for my MIL as her favorite color is BLUE..

We had a very crafty weekend here at my world. Will post pics soon on that. And also a new project which i am waiting to start.

Now, yours truly turned 30+ somethings in the last week and i did have a great day with my 2 kids n hubby. It was a very quiet affair, just us with some presents for my kids..and awesome pizza and pasta lunch at my kids favorite place in Hong Kong. But, that day did not end on a happy note as i lost my wallet and have been running about since then to get all my cards, ATM and identity done. I just returned today after getting a temporary Hong Kong ID as it is mandatory for anyone staying over 90 days here. The only consolation was i had no money in the wallet as i had not visited the ATM and was with my banker :)

But, i did order myself some gifts as only i know what books n yarn i need!! Of course we are always out of Yarn..

Do you guys agree with this :)??

Will do a post on my new books n yarn very very soon..
Till then, happy hooking, happy crafting and lead a happy being :)

Love,
xxx

23 comments:

  1. Your cushion is very beuatiful. I like hexagons.
    I'm working on a patchwork blanket and I hate it, too. I'm glad when I finish it. I'm working at the edge now and I hope to finish it this week.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cushions! Your mother in law is a lucky person!

    Happy (belated) birthday! What a pity you lost your wallet. I hope it all works out ok quickly.

    I love that saying and I pinned it on Pinterest :-)

    Greetings,
    Marieke
    mamadoggie.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cushions make a perfect ensemble! colors are matched so nicely and the patterns are great as well.
    Happy Birthday! Wish that next year it was much much happier from the beginning till the end!
    Have a happy week too :)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday wishes to you ! :) it must be tough losing the wallet and running for those important cards but take it other way that you got a new identity and new cards ( shhh...ask banker to increase the credit limit for new cards ;))
    Lovely 'four-in-one' cushions! I like the color combo you put together for the African flower cushion:)
    I totally agree with that yarn happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came out beautifully!! Your MIL is going to LOVE them! Happy, happy birthday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cushions are beautiful - your MIL is very lucky to be receiving them.

    Happy belated Birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a great day - except for the losing the wallet part - I hope you can get that taken care of quickly and painlessly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cushions compliemnt perfectly the ripple blanket. I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cushions, it may have been a lot of work but so worth it in the end! So sorry you lost your wallet very annoying!and Happy Birthday from me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cushions. MIL is definitely going to be very happy. So sad about losing your wallet. I hope all your card issues are sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hermosa armonia de colores!!!
    Simlemente bello y genial!!!
    un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! So sorry you lost your wallet. That's such a pain to have to replace everything. Glad you weren't flush with cash, though. Love the cushions. Your MIL will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Birthday wishes Rajeswari.Your cushions turned out soo pretty.sorry about that wallet.Iknow what a pain it is lose all the cards, been there . True Yarn and books make you happy like noother :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pair of cushions.
    And belated B'day wishes :-)
    Hope you got back ur things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Cushions / nice collors

    Greetings
    Elfi-Jo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cushions and nice collors.

    Greetings
    Elfi-Jo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated Happy Birthday and aallll the best!! Sorry for the lost of your wallet, how bad. But I'm curious on your new books and yarn ;-). And the cushion, wow wow wow, what a beauty!! ♥ I love it, and it comes so wonderfully along with the other one, just a stunning couple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Que bonitos, que bien conjuntados. Me gustan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a lovely cushion, I love the colours!

    Greetings,
    Hanneke maakt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cushions! Your MIL will love those. And congrats for the features! :)
    And belated Happy Birthday! I am waiting for mine, impatiently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful cushions, i love the soothing blue u used.something pretty is in my list for long time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE all these cushions!!!! So beautiful! I just might have to use these as inspiration for some pillows for my son's room!! Can I do a post about this post? <3

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)