Aug 30, 2012

Rainbow Bowl

A good morning to all my lovely readers:)

How is your world..mine is very colorful right now, I have been greatly surrounded by color the last couple of days.

I never thought crochet bowls would turn out soo great! Here's what you need:

1.A crochet doily. I worked up a big round motif drawing inspiration from HERE.
2.A bowl - i used the melamine variety and had no problems with removing the doily from on top.
3.Fabric stiffener - which i dint have. Alternately i used ordinary white glue mixed with water in the ratio 3:1.
4.Patience as you need to wait at-least 10-12 hours for the doily to dry, i gave it 6 hours actually. But at the end of 24 hrs it was actually pretty stiff and stable. I was thrilled to bits to see the white glue work :)

Here's what you need to do -

1.Make a mixture of the white glue and keep it ready.
2.Dip your doily in it liberally.
3.Place the cup, upside down and cover it with the doily, smoothing the edges as you like them, Try to give it a round appearance by shaping it with your hand. Yes, i dint promise a clean affair :D
4.Take a paint brush and dip some more glue and paint it over the doily.
5.Preferably keep the doily in a sunny place to dry or at-least where there is some fresh air.

Let the waiting being!!


Perfect to keep your bits and pieces. Or also as a show piece. Or also as a gift. Or also as a toy. Or also as ....you get the idea! Lotsa possibilities basically!!




Are you guys looking at my new Stylecraft Special DK yarn!!! A post about my latest stash coming up sooon. Watch this space. Love to hear from you lovely people. It makes my day special!

Have fun and take good care,
Lots of love,
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Great idea. I should try this too.. That stash of yarn is looking gorgeous. Can't wait to see more.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Looks great. I presume it was a cotton doily? Never thought of white glue before I've used liquid starch in the past.

    As you say there are endless possibilities

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb. I like these designs & colour combinations very much.
    Congrats. All the Best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo my dear friend, Your bowl is very creative and the perfect colors... I will try it... Ohhh I must try your bowl...:))
    All best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's lovely! very colourful, great idea, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing!!! lovely!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. super bonito, los colores preciososs
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I love this! What a great idea! This would make a fabulous Christmas present. Thanks for sharing how you did it and thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou all for such kind comments!@

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)