Jul 16, 2012

Superhero DreamCatcher

My two little ones are having a splendid summer so far. Lots of fun, bubbles in the park, walk by the waterfront and such summer activities. A few more weeks till my eldest little one is off to school and thus begins a life long journey of schooling, studies, exams and more schooling. I thought she deserves a few weeks of non rule days before the routine sets in!




You may remember that i showed you my very first blanket which i made for my daughter. When i was expecting a second time around i was lucky enough to know if it was a boy/girl before hand. Advantages of being in HK i guess. Since i was expecting a little boy i thought of hooking a blanket for him. I wanted something simple which i could hook up even in later stages of my pregnancy, at the same time it should be something special. I dint want to do another granny square as i had just done one. Searching on Ravely gave me a very good option. The Superher Dream Catcher for my little superhero :)

You can find the Ravelry link here.

And here is my superhero on his new blanket.




Best part about this blanket is its super duper easy peasy. A good project to do while watching your favourite sitecoms. Or while being pregnant. You can do it in rainbow colors or pumpkin colors for a Halloween Blanket.




Two blankets for my two precious little ones :)


Its really so wonderful to be at home with kids and count your blessings :)

A look at my new project. I am not sure what i am going to do, just hooking up a few blocks from a book.



I think the pink is too bright. This is the all famous StyleCraft DK yarn. It really is wonderful to work with. Acrylic at its best i guess. After seeing only Vardaman Yarn in India, StyleCraft is truly a luxury yarn to work with !!

Hope to come up with a few more blocks soon.

Have a good week ahead all my lovely people!!

4 comments:

  1. ALL ARE VERY ATTRACTIVE DESIGNS. EXCELLENT SKILL.
    I LIKE THE UMBRELLA TYPE [3rd PICTURE] VERY MUCH.
    VERY NICE. CONGRATULATIONS. THANKS FOR SHARING!
    vgk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sir for you encouraging words always!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! You have so much of patience...,. Love the blanket.....its more of a spider man thing than dream catcher.... ur sonny will love it for sure.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deepthi, Sure he does love it. Spiderman is kinda my favourite :)

      Delete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)